Friday, November 24, 2006

Carnival whores


A story of young poets who know not whether they are so.
A story of not being able to say anything out loud.
A story that the day held in its clutches
Of red wine and of chocolate
and heartache tea.

A story of the lazy morning
A story of the heat under the nightgown
A story of dreams stitched together like
cut-out girls.
Down on their knees
with scorched skin.

A story of the red badge of courage
A story of my own feelings poured inside Willie
A story of an empty pen
Where the woods of my madness
Grow dark.

A story told behind a screen
A story of the kettles simpering
A poem like a forceps inside me.
Where no word will come out
Of its own accord.


A story where beauty is obscured
A story where paradise is lost
A story of the parasites munching my silence.
I lost my fortress of dreams
and am building a new one.


Yes I will tell you that story.

No comments: