Sunday, November 26, 2006

Postcard of Longing


Love Letter to The Man

Oh, Leonard, how you made my deep dark nights in swabs of cotton-brained lives...
Oh, Leonard, how your words would tangle in my hair, how'd they tangle my thoughts up in balls,
Oh, Leonard, how you called out to my soul in your songs.
And I always came, I always yielded to whatever call [of spite, of love, of lust, of tears, of fear, of goodbye, of semen, of need, of old souls passing, of loyalty, of humbleness, of vassality, of magic and wonder, of self, of wounds, of song, of verse, of memory].
I always yielded to the growls in the night in the dead hours of stilness when babies are killed by the lull of their cots,
when hair falls in bunches on pillows and sweat drips like crazy tears on our bodies,
when the sky is nothing but the black water washing over the hounds guarding silence,
when sounds are hoodwinked into making patterns and secret songs
when thoughts tangle up and people die countless deaths in the arms of their dreams,
yet I refuse this gift of death and choose your voice.

No comments: